Project Engineer in: Model validation for PV inverters and Power Plant Controllers (PPCs), in terms of LVRT response, PQ curves, active Power support & grid quality, and System simulation for the evaluation of grid code compliance of full power plants.
- Since 2019 - Project Engineer at CERE Simulation department
- Latest - Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Model validation for PV inverters and Power Plant Controllers (PPCs), model evaluation in terms of LVRT response, PQ curves, Active Power support curves according frequency, grid quality, etcetera.
- Power system simulations for the evaluation of grid code compliance of full power plants, static and dynamic evaluation in electrical nodes, harmonic evaluation in grid connection points for renewable energies power plants and for the requirements of the different countries’ grid codes, power plant sizing based on PQ diagram for CAPEX optimization and renewable energies power plants certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
Nowadays, and for the last 1 year, he has been working in CERE as Project Engineer. He works in different areas of the company, such as: testing data analysis, certification of PV converters and PPCs simulation of PV converters and PPCs, and simulation and certification of renewable energies power plants.
Chiefly, Samuel has worked in the simulation department since its beginning participating in projects for:
Expertise on field of simulation software, such as PSSe and DigSilent.
Initially, he started in CERE while he was studying for his bachelor’s degree. Before CERE, he had participated in an internship program in Plenum instalaciones y proyectos for over 2 months, taking the very first step in the professional engineering world and learning about low voltage (up to 1000 Vac) electrical installation design.